Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Corrective Exercise -
A Revolutionary Approach to Pain Relief and Improved Function of Your Body

What is Corrective Exercise (CE)? CE is a systematic process used to alleviate chronic muscle and joint pain. This approach to pain relief incorporates structural assessments, corrective exercise techniques (more on this in upcoming blogs) and wellness coaching strategies into a simple system that makes improved function and pain-free living a reality for people plagued by muscle and joint pain. A thank you to Justin Price of The Biomechanics in San Diego, California - a leader in CE - for this definition.

I first became aware of and interested in the study of corrective exercise almost ten years ago due to areas of discomfort in my own body. Even with my knowledge and experience of exercise science, I knew I needed to find a new way for the "trainer to heal herself". I also knew that when I found what I was looking for I would be able to use the knowledge to help others improve the quality of their lives. By using CE techniques, I was able to resolve low back pain I had incurred over 30 years ago. Talk about quality of life being restored!

I applaud my clients who partner with me to achieve a variety of health, fitness, and behavioral goals. Eliminating joint and muscle dysfunction resulting in less inflammation, less pain, better posture and greater ease of movement to improve overall function of their bodies is always at the top of their list. Their results from CE are nothing less than amazing. Why? Because CE is a vital key to self empowerment -strong body, strong mind, and energy to live this amazing life!




No comments:

Post a Comment